Table of Contents
- 1 Can I join Merchant Navy after marine engineering?
- 2 What is the salary of marine engineer in merchant navy?
- 3 What should I do after 12th in Marine Engineering?
- 4 Is Merchant Navy same as marine engineer?
- 5 What is the difference between marine engineering and marine merchant navy?
- 6 What can I do with a degree in marine engineering?
All you need is a one year specialized course. A one year Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) course after mechanical engineering would give students the licence to enter merchant navy.
Salaries in India In India, a Marine Engineer gets an average salary that can range from 64000 to 96000 INR depending on experience and domain knowledge.
What are 3 main duties of a marine engineer?
Marine engineers typically do the following:
- Prepare system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery, and draw up work requests and job specifications.
- Conduct environmental, operational, or performance tests on marine machinery and equipment.
Does Marine Engineering have board exam?
The Board Exams The licensure examinations are conducted two or three times per year by the Board for Marine Deck and Marine Engine Officers under the supervision of the PRC.
What should I do after 12th in Marine Engineering?
5 Best Marine Engineering Courses after 12th
- Diploma in Nautical science.
- B.Tech.in Marine engineering:
- B.Sc. Maritime Science.
- BBA in Shipping Management:
- B.Sc.in Ship Building and Repair.
Both the terms have a correlation, but the difference is that Naval Architecture incorporates ship-building, operation of marine vessels and the design process. Marine Engineering has acquired great importance as a field of study.
Is marine engineering a good option?
Marine Engineering is an emerging field with a massive scope for experimentation and career advancement. The Shipping industry generates a myriad of career opportunities each year that are stable and lucrative. Skilled marine engineers have a rising demand in the global market.
What does an engineering officer do on a ship?
As an engineering officer, you will lead of team of on-board marine engineers who are responsible for maintaining the ship’s machinery, making repairs and overseeing the operation of propulsion, fuel and waste systems.
Merchant navy is the name of field and marine engineering is a unit out of 2 and the second one which takes care of everything else other then engine and technical part is called marine.
What can I do with a degree in marine engineering?
Look at progression in this role and similar opportunities. With experience, you could work your way up to third, second and then senior engineer before taking on the role of chief engineer. You could also work towards chartered status with the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST).
What does a merchant navy officer do?
Well then, you’re in the right place. Merchant navy officers are employed by commercial shipping companies to work on all kinds of seagoing vessels, such as cruise liners, cargo ships, tankers and hovercraft. These guys typically adopt a deck officer or engineering officer role in a team leading capacity.