Table of Contents
What are the negatives to living in Naples Florida?
List of the Cons of Living in Naples
- If it isn’t sunny in Naples, then you can expect some heavy rain.
- Traffic can still be problematic if you commute into the city.
- Warmer weather means the insects are larger in Naples.
- You could be paying thousands of dollars each year in HOA fees.
Is Miami more expensive than Naples?
Miami is 10.0\% more expensive than Naples. Miami housing costs are 1.9\% more expensive than Naples housing costs. Health related expenses are 2.2\% less in Miami.
Do you have to be rich to live in Naples Florida?
The city is one of the wealthiest in the country, boasting more millionaires than almost any other U.S. community. You don’t have to be a millionaire to move to Naples, however. Naples does have a large senior population, and over 20 percent of its residents are over 65 years old.
Why is Naples Fl so expensive?
Located on the Gulf, the city of Naples has white sandy beaches and palm trees lining the streets. The cost of living in Naples is rising, especially for housing, food, and transportation. Residents get a break on state taxes; Florida has no state income tax and no tax on pension or 401k income.
Why is everyone moving to Naples FL?
7. Golf is a way of life. Naples is currently home to about 90 golf courses with 18 holes, 30 of which are open to the public. Since golf is like a second language to residents, before moving to the area you might want to invest in some good golf clubs and get ready to reserve a tee time.
Is Naples safe from hurricanes?
7. Naples, total score: 4.283. One of the fastest growing of the hurricane-proof Florida cities, Naples in Collier County is home to about 20,000 people.
Do hurricanes hit Naples Florida?
Southwest Florida (Fort Myers-Naples) Hurricane Irma is the worst hurricane to have hit the Fort Myers-Naples area in recent history in 2017. As a Category 4 hurricane, Irma caused more than $64 billion in damages, with winds of up to 150 mph and huge storm surges around the coast.
Is Naples or Fort Myers better?
In 2020, Fort Myers was ranked as the #1 Fastest-Growing City in the entire US by WalletHub. In 2018, Livability.com also ranked Naples as the # 1 city to retire in the entire US.
What is it like to live in Naples Florida?
You can enjoy a resort-style atmosphere when living in Naples. Naples doesn’t have the massive, all-inclusive resort atmosphere communities that you can find on the other coast of Florida, but there are a few neighborhoods that come fairly close to that experience.
Is nanaples Florida a good place to live?
Naples does have a large senior population, and over 20 percent of its residents are over 65 years old. Whether you’re retired, single, or part of a young family, you can certainly find your tribe and make new friends in Naples.
Is Naples Florida a good place to retire?
8. It could be the perfect place to retire. Women make up more than half of the population in Naples, up to 3\% higher than the national population in some years. Seniors and retirees make up over 48\% of the population base, which is considerably higher than the U.S. median of 13\%.
Are there any gated communities in Naples Florida?
Many of the neighborhoods and communities in Naples provide gated security. Security is a significant concern for the people in Naples because of the higher levels of net worth that exist in the city. That’s why you’ll find most of the homes in the region offer gated protection and private employees.