Table of Contents
What do you say when someone asks your opinion?
If you are asking about the person’s opinion of you at the present time, the correct imperative form would be “Tell me what you think of me.” If you are inquiring about his opinion from a point in the past, you say “Tell me what you thought of me (when we first met two years ago).”
What is your opinion of or about?
The prepositions about and on are interchangable and we use (about/on) whenever the word opinion refers to a thought or belief about something or someone. I.e: What’s your opinion about/on the matter? 2. The preposition (of) is usually used after opinion whenever there is a judgment about someone or something.
What is an opinion example?
Opinions are statements that reflect the views or ideas that people have about subjects and topics. For example, your friend says that all ice cream is tasty. This is their opinion, because not everyone may think the same way, nor can it be proven to be true.
What’s your opinion on me meaning?
Your opinion on something describes your ideas or beliefs regarding a particular matter or topic. For example, “What’s your opinion on the new tax law?” Usually you’d use this phrase to ask for someone’s opinion on a broad topic that allows for many different opinions to be discussed.
How do you ask for opinion?
Asking for Opinions
- What do you think about this problem?
- What do you think of my new house?
- Do you have any thoughts on that?
- How do you feel about that?
- What is your opinion?
- Do you have any idea?
- Do you have any opinion on this matter?
- What’s your view?
The Best Way to Offer An Opinion On Anything
- First, make sure that the situation warrants an opinion.
- Ask yourself if you’re the best person for the job.
- Start by listening politely.
- Think before you speak.
- Make sure you have all the facts.
- Say what you think in a detailed, straightforward manner.
- Use “I” statements.
What are personal opinions?
A personal opinion, quality, or thing belongs or relates to one particular person rather than to other people.
How do I share my opinions?
How do you describe an opinion?
1 : a belief based on experience and on certain facts but not amounting to sure knowledge In my opinion you should take the job. 2 : a judgment about a person or thing She has a high opinion of herself. 3 : a statement by an expert after careful study He should get an opinion from a lawyer.
How can I make my own opinion?
How To Form Your Own Opinions
- Listen to your gut instinct. This is huge.
- Research all the different sides (and talk about doing it!)
- Ask people what they think (the RIGHT way).
- Find your “reset button.”
- Promise yourself that you are open to change.