Table of Contents
- 1 What did Emperor Ashoka accomplish?
- 2 What were five major accomplishments of the Emperor Ashoka?
- 3 Why was Ashoka called a great emperor?
- 4 How did Ashoka improve the lives of his people?
- 5 What were 4 accomplishments of the Mauryan Empire?
- 6 What were the three significant accomplishments of the Mauryan Empire?
What did Emperor Ashoka accomplish?
What were Ashoka’s achievements? Ashoka was able to rule over the vast and diverse Mauryan empire through a centralized policy of dharma that favoured peace and tolerance and that administered public works and social welfare. He likewise patronized the spread of Buddhism and art throughout the empire.
What were five major accomplishments of the Emperor Ashoka?
What were five major accomplishments of the emperor Ashoka? Overtook the Kalinga empire in a bloody war, converted to Buddhism, established a capital at the city of Pataliputra, established a central treasury that oversaw the efficient collection of taxes, communicated his policies by inscribing edicts in stone.
What was the greatest accomplishment of the Mauryas?
10 Major Achievements of the Maurya Dynasty of India
- #1 It was the first dynasty to unify most of the Indian subcontinent.
- #2 It is regarded as the largest political entity that has existed in the Indian subcontinent.
- #4 Mauryan army was the largest military force of its time.
Why was Ashoka called a great emperor?
He is called great because of his model rule based on peace and compassion that helped in unifying the culturally diverse empire under a centralised administration.
How did Ashoka improve the lives of his people?
In the years to come, Ashoka mixed his Buddhism with material concerns that served the Buddha’s original desire to see suffering among people mitigated: Ashoka had wells dug, irrigation canals and roads constructed. He had rest houses built along roads, hospitals built, public gardens planted and medicinal herbs grown.
Which two accomplishments are directly related to the Mauryan emperor Ashoka?
In addition to his edicts, Ashoka built stupas, monasteries, and other religious structures at noteworthy Buddhist sites, such as Sarnath. He was not an unworldly ruler, however. He efficiently managed a centralized government from the Mauryan capital at Pataliputra. A large bureaucracy collected taxes.
What were 4 accomplishments of the Mauryan Empire?
What are the major characteristics and accomplishments of the Maurya Empire?
- Royal officials supervised the building of roads. …
- Chandragupta conquered northern India. …
- Chandragupta established a single currency (silver ingot). …
- 100s of kingdoms/people were unified under Mauryan rule. …
What were the three significant accomplishments of the Mauryan Empire?
Ch 7 Questions
|What are three significant accomplishments of the Mauryan rulers?||United north India into one political unit, constructed an extensive road system, and promoted policies of nonviolence and toleration|
How did Ashoka help promote prosperity?
Ashoka converted his foreign policy from expansionism to that of coexistence and peace with his neighbors – the avoidance of additional conquests making his empire easier to administer. The resulting peace helped extend economic prosperity. Ashoka relaxed the harsher laws of his grandfather, Chandragupta.