Table of Contents
What questions should I ask my ancestors?
Questions you should ask about your ancestors
- What was their full name?
- Where and when were they born?
- Who were their parents?
- Where did they live?
- Where and when did they die?
What are some family Questions?
Family Conversation Questions: Basic Information
- How many brothers and sisters do you have?
- Are you an only child?
- Do you have younger or older brothers / sisters?
- Do you keep in touch with your parents and siblings?
- Are you married or single?
- Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?
- Do you have any children?
How do you interview about your ancestors?
These questions can help you get started:
- Who were the oldest members of your family that you knew personally?
- Do you know their whole names?
- Did your parents talk about any of their ancestors when you were growing up?
- Did anyone who wasn’t related to you live with you when you were a child?
- Where did you grow up?
What are some good interview questions to ask your parents?
Important questions you should ask your parents:
- What was your childhood like?
- What were you like in high school?
- How would your parents have described you?
- When you think about a fork in the road in your life, what was it and why did you choose that particular path?
- What happy memory will you cherish forever?
What’s a good question to ask a girl?
25 Flirty Questions to Ask a Girl
- What’s your most absurd turn on?
- What’s your most ridiculous turn off?
- Where’s the craziest place you’ve ever hooked up with someone?
- Are you flirting with me?
- Have you ever been skinny dipping?
- Have you ever gone home with someone after the first date?
- Do you ever make the first move?
Do You Have Questions for Your Ancestors about raising kids?
We probably all have questions for ancestors about how they managed to raise so many kids. I would love to talk to Sally in particular because of the times and circumstances she lived in. Born in 1804, when the nation was young, Sally saw several of her sons and grandsons go off to fight during the civil war. I’d love to know what made her tick.
What are good questions to ask in a family history interview?
By asking the right open-ended questions, you’re sure to collect a wealth of family tales. Use this list of family history interview questions to help you get started, but be sure to personalize the interview with your own questions as well. What is your full name? Why did your parents select this name for you?
How do I make contact with a relative who has ancestors?
The first time you make contact will just be to introduce yourself and stating your reasons for the interview. You will then give your relative time to collect anything that may be of use to you. This will also allow their time to remember stories and anecdotes about your ancestors.
What’s the best way to learn more about your family history?
She teaches at the Genealogical Institute of Pittsburgh and the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy. A great way to uncover clues to your family history or to get great quotes for journaling in a heritage scrapbook is a family interview. By asking the right open-ended questions, you’re sure to collect a wealth of family tales.